Thursday 17 May 2018

The Beachside Sweet Shop, by Karen Clarke

Title: The Beachside Sweet Shop
Author: Karen Clarke
Publication date: March 2nd, 2017



Stars: 5/5

Review:

Marnie Appleton has inherited her grandfather’s sweet shop after his death. In this Karen Clarke novel, she will try to make the shop her own while battling protestors and a certain former supermodel-nowturned-blogger who is on a crusade against sugar in the UK. Of course, let’s not forget the gorgeous Josh against whom Marnie will be fighting off an attraction, and former boyfriend Alex, who travels to the UK from New York for his parents’ wedding anniversary with his new American boyfriend.

I have to admit that I like the occasional chick lit novel. However, I am fairly picky when it comes to that genre because I cannot stand the dumb-I-need-a-man characters those novels often portray. Karen Clarke’s characters are certainly feminine, but mostly real. They are flawed, but endearing characters. Again, I loved reading her book. It is an easy and fun read. I’ll admit I had trouble putting it down and stayed up in the middle of the night just to finish it.

I gave this book 5 stars, which is something I don't give easily.


Image source: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/33387759-the-beachside-sweet-shop

No comments:

Post a Comment