Thursday 17 May 2018

Midnight at the Bright Ideas Bookstore, by Michael Sullivan

Title: Midnight at the Bright Ideas Bookstore
Author: Michael Sullivan
Publication date: June 13th, 2017



Stars: 3/5

Review:

Joey, a Bright Ideas Bookstore customer, commits suicide in the bookstore that had become his home and leaves his prized possessions (books) to Lydia Smith, one of the store clerks. From there, Lydia is sucked in the mystery of Joey's books and how it ties into her own life and personal ghosts.

I was very curious about this book. As a book lover, I was attracted to the fact that the story took place in a bookstore. I enjoyed getting to know Lydia and Joey and how their lives intertwined. I'll also admit that this book gave me a few nightmares (thank you Hammerman!) when I read it before going to sleep.

However, the reason I give 3 stars is that sometimes the author made huge leaps that seemed to be coming out of nowhere. I guess I prefer when things tend to point in a direction, only to be validated or disproved as the story progresses.


Overall, it was a decent book and I enjoyed trying to figure out what had happened on the night the Hammerman came to visit.

Image source: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/32620349-midnight-at-the-bright-ideas-bookstore

No comments:

Post a Comment