Saturday 17 February 2018

The Cafe at Seashell Cove, by Karen Clarke


Title: The Cafe at Seashell Cove
Author: Karen Clarke
Genre: Women's Fiction (chick lit)
Release date: March 2018



After being fired from her job in event planning, Cassie Maitland, visits her parents in Seashell Cove. A lot of things have changed since she's last been there, including the cafe her parents own. Not telling anyone the real reason she's back in her hometown, Cassie begins organizing events in hopes of starting her own event planning business. During her stay, she reconnects with her two former best friends and, of course, former crush: Danny.

I liked Cassie from the beginning. As I got to know the other characters, I began to like them as well. They are well-rounded characters, not too "over the top", with qualities and flaws. They felt realistic to me, unlike so many other characters in romantic comedy books.

It's too bad I cannot give 4.5 stars, as I feel that's how I would have rated the book. The only reason I would take away a half-star was because the plot direction was obvious. Still, it is a feel-good novel that I really enjoyed reading. I will definitely need to check out this author's other books.

Image source: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/37612808-the-cafe-at-seashell-cove

No comments:

Post a Comment