Friday 23 February 2018

Friend Request, by Laura Marshall

Friend Request - by Laura Marshall

Genre: Psychological thriller
Publication: September 2017

4/5 stars

When Louise receives a Facebook request from a classmate (Maria) who is presumably dead, she is more than surprised. That friend request brings back bad memories that Louise has tried to keep hidden for so long. Quickly, she is brought back to her time in high school and slowly reconnects with former classmates, in hopes of finding out what truly happened to Maria.

It was nice to read a book that incorporated today's technology, especially something big like Facebook. That's the first thought that popped into my head when I started reading the book. I quickly got intrigued by this friend request and how it could happen, even the character was supposedly dead. Midway through the book, I had trouble putting it down. I NEEDED to know what was going on.

The only reason I am giving this book 4 stars is because I was a bit disappointed by the ending. To be honest, it is more a personal disappointment and not because the ending is bad or far-fetched. It's just not how I would have ended the book.  

Overall, this book is modern and a great read.

Image source: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/35427186-friend-request

No comments:

Post a Comment